IFRC: Bulgarian Red Cross Volunteer Campaigns for the Rights of the Elderly in Lovech
The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) has run the story of Atanaska Zgalevska, a Bulgarian woman who has become “a champion of the rights of elderly people” in Lovech, in north-central Bulgaria.
As soon as she recovered from a stroke she had suffered more than 10 years ago, Atanaska became a Red Cross volunteer and since then “has developed negotiation skills and the confidence to advocate on behalf of older people with local authorities and municipalities” as part of a project which had started with support from the Swiss Red Cross.
You can read the full story here.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » 'Bulgaria Phone Scammers Rob, Blackmail Elderly'
- » NY Times: Bulgaria Grows Uneasy as Trump Complicates Ties to Russia
- » NY Times: As Support for EU Flags Elsewhere, Bulgaria Sees Its Benefits
- » DW: German Businesses Prefer Trade with Bulgaria over Investment
- » The Economist: Bulgaria, Moldova Presidents 'Less Pro-Russian Than Advertised'
- » AFP: Bulgaria's Radev 'Struck a Chord by Attacking the Status Quo'