Shooting in Bulgaria's Sunny Beach Leaves One Dead, Three Wounded
A shooting in Bulgaria's largest Black Sea resort of Sunny Beach on Wednesday evening left one man dead and three other heavily wounded.
The shooting targeted local drug lord Dimitar Zhelyazkov, known by his nickname Ochite (The Eyes), and people from his entourage. Zhelyazkov and two of his bodyguards were injured, while one of them was killed.
The shooting took place in the area of Iceberg disco when Zhelyazkov and his entourage numbering between thirty and forty people arrived at the club. A group of around ten people, who were already at the disco, reportedly opened fire.
According to media reports, the people from Ochite's entourage were armed only with axes, but were wearing body armour.
Luckily, none of the visitors to the club was injured.
The injured have been taken to the hospital in Burgas. Two men have been detained in connection with the shooting.
Zhelyazkov remains in critical condition after he was shot with several bullets, which reportedly hit him in the chest, stomach, bladder and both thighs. None of his wounds is fatal, but it is difficult to control the blood loss.
Throughout the years, Zhelyazkov has been charged with kidnapping, armed robbery, illegal possession of arms, issuing threats, organisation of crime group. He served a prison sentence for distribution of drugs on the Black Sea coast.
Fifteen years ago another assault took place against Ochite, which claimed the lives of his wife, brother and bodyguard.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Violent Robbery Shakes Blagoevgrad: One Injured in Shooting Incident
- » Global Child Pornography Bust: Two Detained in Bulgaria in Widespread European Operation
- » Bulgaria Reports Over 7,000 Intoxicated Driving Cases in 2023
- » Violence in Bulgaria: Woman Beaten on Stara Zagora's Main Boulevard
- » Police Brutality Unveiled: Teen Assaulted at Protest, Harassed in Police Custody
- » Bulgarian Authorities Bust Major Tax Fraud Ring in Luxury Car Imports