Four Suspects Detained Over Istanbul Bombing
Four suspects have been detained in relation to the terrorist attack which took place in the Beyazit district of Istanbul on Tuesday.
The attack, which was carried out with a bomb-laden car, claimed the lives of eleven people and left 36 other injured. Seven of the victims were police officers, the remaining four being civilians.
The attack targeted a police bus as it was passing near a police station. A number of gunshots were reportedly heard after the attack.
Police have evacuated the area surrounding the attack and the injured have been taken to hospital, Anadolu news agency informs.
Turkish President Recep Erdogan, who visited one of the hospitals where people injured in the attack have been admitted, vowed to continue Turkey's fight against terrorism.
No one has yet claimed responsibility for the attack.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » A Train carrying NATO Military equipment derailed in Greece
- » American Combat Drones are being deployed in Greece
- » Borrell: There is an Agreement between Kosovo and Serbia
- » Kosovo postponed fines for "Serbian" License Plates at the Request of the US
- » NATO has urged Serbia and Kosovo not to escalate Tensions
- » Leader of VMRO-DPMNE demanded that Bulgaria recognize a "Macedonian Minority"