Explosion Kills 11, Wounds 36 in Turkey's Istanbul
An attack targeting a police vehicle in Turkey's biggest city Istanbul has left at least еleven people dead and thirty-six others injured.
Initial reports had suggested the attack claimed only one victim, with around a dozen injured. However, Istanbul's Governor later announced the new death toll, adding seven of those killed were police officers.
Security has been stepped up in the area.
CNN T?rk reports that a car packed with explosives was detonated as the vehicle passed by. Gunshots were heard following the explosion.
The area in question, Vezneciler, is not far from the city center. The blast itself occurred at a site not far from a bus stop.
No group immediately claimed responsibility.
More to follow.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » American Combat Drones are being deployed in Greece
- » Borrell: There is an Agreement between Kosovo and Serbia
- » Kosovo postponed fines for "Serbian" License Plates at the Request of the US
- » NATO has urged Serbia and Kosovo not to escalate Tensions
- » Leader of VMRO-DPMNE demanded that Bulgaria recognize a "Macedonian Minority"
- » North Macedonia accepted the Amendments against Bulgarian Cultural Clubs