Bulgarian Ruling Party MP Caught in Chinese Geography Blunder
Bulgarian lawmaker Tsveta Karayancheva surprised the public with her geography skills, placing China's capital Beijing outside China.
During a parliamentary session, she accused the previous elected government, dominated by the socialist party (BSP) and led by then PM Plamen Oresharski, of failing to bring forward new projects during its tenure.
"The only ribbon cut by Plamen Oresharski is that of a restaurant in Beijing," Tsacheva, one of the core MPs with Bulgaria's biggest party and main government partner GERB, said while speaking from Parliament's rostrum.
"Vietnam," Parliament Speaker Tsetska Tsacheva, also from her party, interjected, referring to Oresharski's visit to Vietnam in 2014.
"Well, Beijing is in Vietnam," Karayancheva retorted.
In both its previous and current term, GERB officials have tended to boast about new infrastructure and business project launched under their auspices, with ribbon cutting enjoying controversial reception from the public.
- » President Rumen Radev Has Returned the Proposal to Appoint Ivan Geshev as Prosecutor General
- » President Rumen Radev with a Statement on the New Attorney General's Decree
- » Bulgaria’s Parliament Accepts the Resignations of Liliyana Pavlova and Volen Siderov
- » Protest Against the Election of Geshev as Chief Prosecutor
- » The 1st Television Interview of Ivan Geshev After His Election as Chief Public Prosecutor
- » The SJC Submits to the President Today its Decision to Appoint a New Attorney General