Bulgarian Ruling Party MP Caught in Chinese Geography Blunder
Bulgarian lawmaker Tsveta Karayancheva surprised the public with her geography skills, placing China's capital Beijing outside China.
During a parliamentary session, she accused the previous elected government, dominated by the socialist party (BSP) and led by then PM Plamen Oresharski, of failing to bring forward new projects during its tenure.
"The only ribbon cut by Plamen Oresharski is that of a restaurant in Beijing," Tsacheva, one of the core MPs with Bulgaria's biggest party and main government partner GERB, said while speaking from Parliament's rostrum.
"Vietnam," Parliament Speaker Tsetska Tsacheva, also from her party, interjected, referring to Oresharski's visit to Vietnam in 2014.
"Well, Beijing is in Vietnam," Karayancheva retorted.
In both its previous and current term, GERB officials have tended to boast about new infrastructure and business project launched under their auspices, with ribbon cutting enjoying controversial reception from the public.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Emergency Epidemic Situation in Bulgaria Is Extended until August 31
- » Bulgaria: The Government Will Announce New Social Measures
- » Bulgaria: The National Assembly Accepted the Changes in the Cabinet
- » Protests in Bulgaria: 15th Day - Protesters Closed Ten Junctions in Sofia, Thrown Sunflower Seeds and Candy in Front of the Council of Ministers
- » Protests in Bulgaria: 14th Day in a Row Under the Motto "Let’s Block Sofia First and Then the State"
- » 13 Days Protests in Bulgaria: "We Are the Vote of No Confidence"