Bulgaria's Main Ruling Party Has Decided on Its Presidential Candidate
Bulgaria's largest ruling party GERB has already decided on its candidate who will contest the forthcoming presidential elections in the autumn.
This was stated by Tsvetan Tsvetanov, deputy chairperson of GERB and chairperson of the party's parliamentary group.
In an interview for the Bulgarian National Television (BNT) on Friday, Tsvetanov said that the nominee is from the party apparatus.
However he neither revealed the name nor the gender of the candidate, who could be announced as late as September.
Tsvetanov assured that the party is working hard in its preparation for the elections and has already clarified the slogan and strategy of the presidential campaign.
He expressed hope that the nomination of GERB will garner wider parliamentary support from other political formations.
Tsvetanov dismissed once again speculations that have identified him as possible presidential candidate, saying that he has never been interested in such nomination and that he finds his work in parliament more important.
Prime Minister Boyko Borisov has similarly refrained from revealing GERB's presidential candidate, but has consistently dismissed speculations that he will contest the elections.
So far, it is known for certain that GERB will not nominate incumbent President Rosen Plevneliev, who announced last month that he will not run for a second term.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Rainy, Another Cold Front Brings Temperatures Down
- » Bulgaria’s First Lady Hospitalized with Cerebral Aneurysm
- » Bulgaria: Anti-Covid Measures Lifted, Indoor Restaurants Open, Children Return to School
- » Bulgaria: Anti-Epidemic Measures Eased – Health Minister
- » Bulgaria: Non-Food Retail Chains Resume Work after Threat to Stage Protests
- » Breaking News: Bulgaria’s PM Boyko Borissov Resigns His Seat in Parliament