Bulgarian Socialists Propose Joint Opposition Action in Parliament
Bulgarian Socialists have invited the other opposition political parties in Parliament for talks on potential joint action against the centre-right minority coalition government led by Prime Minister Boyko Borisov.
The invitation from the newly-elected Socialist leader Korneliya Ninova, posted on the website of the party on Friday, has been sent to the left-wing Alternative for Bulgarian Revival (ABV), predominantly ethnic Turk Movement for Rights and Freedoms (DPS), nationalist Ataka party as well as independent MPs Georgi Kadiev Velizar Enchev, according to dnevnik.bg.
The three parties control among themselves 90 of the 240 seats in Parliament.
Potential joint opposition actions in parliament as well as support for legislative initiatives will be in the focus of the talks, which Ninova proposed to take place after June 6.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend