14-Year-Old Girl Goes Missing in Danube River Near Bulgaria's Silistra
A fourteen-year-old girl has gone missing in the Danube river near the northeastern Bulgarian town of Silistra.
The regional border police directorate in Ruse confirmed that a signal for the incident had been submitted to the 112 emergency number on Wednesday afternoon.
Since then Bulgarian and Romanian border police cutters have been conducting search in the area, with the search taking place both in the river and on its banks.
According to unconfirmed reports, a group of five-six children decided to go for a walk to an area, which is known as a preferred beach destination for the people of Silistra.
Together with other children, they went into the river and made swimming competitions, but the girl never came out from the water.
Bathing in the river is prohibited with a permanent order of the mayor of the municipality.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: A Bus Incident near Ruse - 10 people Injured
- » A Series of Strong Earthquakes in Greece, Panic in North Macedonia
- » Bulgarian Buses Blocked for Hours on the Serbian-Hungarian Border
- » The 150 Bulgarians who were Blocked at Frankfurt Airport have returned Home
- » More than 150 Bulgarians are Stranded at Frankfurt airport
- » Dangerous Trend in Bulgaria: 100 victims from Road Accidents - more than in 2020