Bulgaria's Pironkova Equalises Score in Roland Garros 1/8 Final Against Radwanska
In a match from the fourth round of Roland Garros, the highest ranking Bulgarian female tennis player Tsvetana Pironkova managed to equalise the score against Agnieszka Radwanska from Poland.
The encounter between Pironkova and Radwanska began on Sunday, when the Polish player won the first set with 6:2 and was 3:0 in the lead in the second one when the match was suspended due to the poor meteorological conditions.
The match could not be renewed on Monday due to the continuing rain in Paris and as a result all matches were cancelled.
The match was renewed on Tuesday when Pironkova managed to win six consecutive games and to claim the second set.
However with the beginning of the third set the match was suspended anew due to the rain.
Pironkova is making her best performance at Roland Garros so far, having reached the fourth round of the tournament for the first time in her career. The Bulgarian did not lose a single set in her first three matches.
This is the twelfth encounter between the two players, with Radwanska having won on nine occasions.
- » Grigor Dimitrov Will Play in Stockholm on October 14
- » Kubrat Pulev Is at the Top of Professional Boxing!
- » EU Volleyball Tournament: Bulgaria Triumphs over Portugal
- » Bulgarian FA Incensed by Southgate's Racism Claims
- » England 4-0 Bulgaria, Third Consecutive Defeat for Manager Balakov
- » Grigor Dimitrov Faces Daniil Medvedev in the Semifinals of the US Open