Bulgaria's Pironkova Equalises Score in Roland Garros 1/8 Final Against Radwanska
In a match from the fourth round of Roland Garros, the highest ranking Bulgarian female tennis player Tsvetana Pironkova managed to equalise the score against Agnieszka Radwanska from Poland.
The encounter between Pironkova and Radwanska began on Sunday, when the Polish player won the first set with 6:2 and was 3:0 in the lead in the second one when the match was suspended due to the poor meteorological conditions.
The match could not be renewed on Monday due to the continuing rain in Paris and as a result all matches were cancelled.
The match was renewed on Tuesday when Pironkova managed to win six consecutive games and to claim the second set.
However with the beginning of the third set the match was suspended anew due to the rain.
Pironkova is making her best performance at Roland Garros so far, having reached the fourth round of the tournament for the first time in her career. The Bulgarian did not lose a single set in her first three matches.
This is the twelfth encounter between the two players, with Radwanska having won on nine occasions.
- » The Sports Ministers of Bulgaria, Romania, Greece and Serbia Will Meet in Sofia
- » Bulgarian Football Champion Ludogorets Bought Israel's Top Scorer
- » Grigor Dimitrov Dropped Out from the Top 30 for the First Time since August 2016
- » 296 Boxers From 39 Countries Participated in a Boxing Tournament in Bulgaria
- » One of the Richest Bulgarians Vasil Bozhkov Takes over the Management of Levski Football Club
- » UEFA Decided When Bulgaria must have at least One Stadium with VAR