First Festival of Italian Cinema to Begin in Sofia on Tuesday
The Bulgarian capital will host the "First festival of Italian cinema in Bulgaria – David di Donatello Award" between May 31 and June 6.
The festival is an initiative organised and promoted by the Italian commercial chamber in Bulgaria, the Cultural association Titian and is carried out in cooperation with the Academy of Italian cinema – David di Donatello Award, the Italian cultural institute in Sofia and Sofia municipality - “Sofia creative city of cinema” - UNESCO. The festival is under the aegis of the Italian embassy in Sofia and the culture ministries of Bulgaria and Italy.
Being designated as creative cities of cinema by UNESCO, Sofia and Rome provide opportunity for the promotion of cinematographic industry of top quality.
The festival aims to present the best of Italian cinema and seeks internationalisation of the David di Donatello Award – the Italian equivalent of the Oscars, which is celebrating its 60th anniversary this year.
The eleven movies which will be screened in Sofia are all holders of the David di Donatello Award or have been nominated for it.
The following films will be presented: “Lina Wertmuler: Dietro gli occhiali bianchi” , a film by Valerio Ruiz, „20 Sigarette” directed by Aureliano Amadei , „Marina” by Stijn Coninx; „Ciliegine esordio” by Laura Morante , „Il Giovane Favoloso” by Mario Martone, „La Corrispondenza” by Giuseppe Tornatore, „L’Arte della Felicit?” by Alessandro Rak , „Noi e la Giulia” by Edoardo Leo, „Salvo” by Fabio Grassadonia and Antonio Piazza, „Song’ e Napule” directed by Manetti Bros and „Latin Lover” by Cristina Comencini.
Admission to the festival is free, with the screenings taking place in Odeon cinema and Ivan Vazov National Theatre.
- » Bulgarians Have Received an European Award for Development in the Film Industry
- » Bulgarian Movie Won the Best Picture Award at the Cottbus Film Festival in Germany
- » A Turkish Court Ruling Could Turn Saint Sofia into a Mosque
- » Bulgaria Celebrates the Day of the Bulgarian National Revival Leaders
- » A Monument of Pencho Slaveikov Was Opened in Milan
- » Exhibition Commemorating the 500th Anniversary of Leonardo da Vinci is Open in the Louvre