Rain Suspends Roland Garros 1/8 Final Between Pironkova, Radwanska
Rain interrupted on Sunday the match from the fourth round of Roland Garros between the highest ranking Bulgarian female tennis player Tsvetana Pironkova and Agnieszka Radwanska from Poland.
Pironkova was losing 2:6, 0:3 when the organisers of the tournaments took the decision to suspend the match due to the poor meteorological conditions.
According to preliminary information, the match will be resumed at Suzanne-Lenglen court on Monday.
The Bulgarian is making her best performance at Roland Garros, having reached the fourth round of the tournament for the first time in her career and not having lost a single set in her first three matches.
This is the twelfth encounter between the two players, with Radwanska having won on nine occasions.
The Polish player, who occupies the second place in the WTA ranking, made an early break in the second game and came in the lead with 2:0.
The Bulgarian returned a break in the next game, but conceded her next two service games and Radwanska came in the lead with 5:1.
Pironkova made a break to lower the score to 2:5, but lost her service game and with it the opening set.
In the second set, Radwanska made another early break and after coming in the lead with 3:0 the match was suspended.
- » Real Madrid Beats Liverpool for another Champions League Trophy
- » "Levski" Marks 104 years since the Founding of the Football Club
- » Grigor Dimitrov Posted in Social Networks a Message for the Most Special Person
- » Slavia Sofia Won the Bulgarian Cup after a 22-year Break
- » Huge Interest for the Final of the Bulgarian Football Cup Between Levski and Slavia
- » Grigor Dimitrov was Eliminated in Round 2 of the Masters in Madrid