Bulgarian PM Refrains From Revealing GERB's Presidential Candidate
Bulgarian Prime Minister Boyko Borisov has once again refrained from naming the candidate of his party in the forthcoming presidential elections in the autumn.
In an interview for private NOVA TV on Thursday, Borisov said that it was too early for elections and nominations, adding that GERB's candidate will be announced in August or September.
The announcement depended on the exact date of the elections, which is still to be determined by incumbent President Rosen Plevneliev.
The prime minister made it clear once again that the chairperson of GERB's parliamentary group and former interior minister in the first cabinet of Borisov, Tsvetan Tsvetanov, will not be nominated.
According to Borisov, Tsvetanov has never expressed his wish to run in the elections and therefore his name has never been discussed as possible option.
The prime minister revealed that he had held conversation with Plevneliev on the evening before the latter announced publicly that he will not run for a second term.
Plevneliev had told him that he will not run for reelection due to personal reasons. Borisov said that he will continue to work with Plevneliev in the future, who will continue to work in Bulgaria's interests.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend