Bulgaria’s Services Turnover Index Picks up 8% Y/Y in Q1 2016
The turnover index in Bulgaria’s services sector adjusted for the number of workdays rose by 8% year-on-year for the first quarter of 2016, the National Statistical Institute (NSI) announced on Wednesday.
The most significant increase was registered in the sub-index measuring activities in Postal and Courier Services (13.1%) and Warehousing and Support for Transportation (10.8%). A decrease was observed in Water Transport and Air Transport services, by 6% and 3.5%, respectively.
The turnover sub-index for the Information and Communication Services sector increased by 9.2% year-on-year in first quarter of 2016. The largest increase was posted in Production of Films, Video and TV Programmes (28%) and Information Services (25.4%).
The sub-index measuring the activities in the sector of Other Business Services also rose in the first quarter of 2016 compared to the same period last year. The largest increase, 63.1%, was registered in in Office Support services, while a drop of 9.5% was observed in the subsector of Architectural and Engineering Activities, the NSI said in a quarterly survey.
- » Boyko Borisov will Open the First Plovdiv Economic Forum
- » Prices of US Goods in Europe are Rising from Tomorrow
- » Angelkova Expects 5% Growth in Foreign Tourists
- » India Raises Import Duties for US
- » A New German Plant Opens 2000 Jobs in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Farmers are Preparing to Protest over Changes in Farmland Law