Three Injured After Mass Fight Between Migrants in Sofia
Three people were injured after a massive fight between migrants took place in the Voenna rampa neighbourhood of the Bulgarian capital late on Tuesday evening.
The interior ministry informed that the fight took place after a scandal had erupted between two groups of migrants – one of them from Iraq and the other one from Afghanistan.
The Sofia directorate of the interior ministry added that patrols of the second district police department were immediately dispatched to the scene.
One of the combatants jumped from the second floor of a building and sustained minor injuries. Two other of the participants were wounded in the fight.
The ambulances which arrived at the scene provided medical aid to the injured. None of the participants in the fight was detained or taken to a police department.
The case is still under investigation, with the most likely cause of the incident being internal conflict between the refugees, Darik radio informs.
One of the refugee centres in Sofia is located in the neighbourhood of Voenna rampa.
This is not the first instance of migrant fights in the Bulgarian capital, with previous ones having taken place mainly in the city centre.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The Eruption of Volcano in Spain Can Last up to Three Months
- » A Magnitude 6.5 Earthquake Off the Coast of Nicaragua
- » Tanker Ship Stranded off Bulgarian Coast near Park "Yailata"
- » Mystery: Woman Found on Inaccessible Island and Doesn't Know How She Got There
- » Tornado Hit Bulgaria Village Orlov dol
- » Three Bulgarians Confirmed Dead in Helicopter Crash in Africa