Tsvetana Pironkova Remains Sole Bulgarian Representative at Roland Garros
The highest ranking Bulgarian female tennis player Tsvetana Pironkova remained the country's sole representative at this year's edition of Roland Garros.
In a match from the first round played on Monday, Pironkova defeated Italian Sara Errani with 6:3, 6:2.
In the second round, the Bulgarian will face for the first time in her career Johanna Larsson from Sweden.
The other Bulgarian female representative in the tournament, Sesil Karatancheva, was ousted in the second qualifying round after losing to Maryna Zanevska from Ukraine with 6:4, 0:6, 3:6.
The highest ranking Bulgarian male tennis player Grigor Dimitrov suffered a defeat in the first round after losing to Serbia's Viktor Troicki with 6:2, 3:6, 7:5, 5:7, 3:6 on Monday.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » A Premier League Betting Overview for 2022/2023
- » Sports Betting with Betway
- » All of the EU except Bulgaria and Hungary Demand the Expulsion of Russia from World Sports
- » The Biggest Horse Racing Countries in Europe
- » Bulgarian Boxer Kubrat Pulev convincingly Defeated Jerry Forest
- » Dimitrov Double Dips Stateside