Total Migrant Arrivals in Europe by Sea Top 190,000 in 2016 - IOM
An estimated 190,973 migrants and refugees have entered Europe by sea in 2016 through 18 May, compared with 91,860 in the first five months of last year, the International Organisation for Migration (IOM) has reported.
Most migrants and refugees arrived in Greece (155,975) on the Eastern Mediterranean route, Italy followed with 33,907 arrivals on the Central Mediterranean route.
There were 1,063 arrivals in Spain (through March 31) on Western Mediterranean and Western African routes combined and just 28 in Cyprus.
Fatalities in 2016 through May 18 this year totalled 1,359 on all Mediterranean routes, compared with 1,828 in 2015 through May 31, according to the IOM.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The Arctic: MEPs Call for Peace and Reduction of Tensions in the Region
- » MEPs Push for Common EU Cyber Defense Capabilities
- » Powerful Earthquake in Pakistan, Dozens of Deaths Reported
- » NATO Expels Russian Staff
- » European Parliament Opposes Mass Surveillance
- » 44 Percent of Adults in North Macedonia have been Vaccinated