Bulgaria IntMin Downplays 'Lax Border Control' Claims in German Report
Bulgaria's Interior Minister Rumyana Bachvarova has dismissed suggestions in a Bild article, which quoted a secret German intelligence report as saying there were weaknesses in the country's effort to crack down on people smuggling.
"We believe this information is to a large extent untrustworthy," the Bulgarian National Radio's Brussels correspondent quotes Bachvarova as saying as she is on a visit there.
The minister, however, has not ruled out "there could be illegal crossings", but downplayed suggestions of a large smuggling corridor being organized after the EU-Turkey deal entered into force, as the report allegedly reads.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend