EgyptAir Confirms Wreckage Found in Mediterranean Is from Missing Flight MS804
EgyptAir has confirmed media reports that debris found off Greek island of Karpathos is from the company’s Airbus A320 which went missing with 66 passengers and crew on board on Thursday.
“The Egyptian Ministry of Civil Aviation has just received an official letter from the Egyptian Ministry of Foreign Affairs declaring the finding of wreckage of the missing aircraft No. MS804 near Karpathos island,” EgyptAir said in a statement posted on the company’s website.
The Egyptian investigation team and its Greek counterpart were still searching for other remains of the missing plane, EgyptAir added.
The Airbus A320 was flying from Paris to Cairo when it disappeared from Greek radar over the Mediterranean two miniutes after leaving the Greek airspace early Thursday morning.
The reason for the crash which occurred in perfect weather conditions and soon after the plane entered Egyptian airspace, remained unclear as of Thursday night.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: 6 Injured 2 in Critical Condition after a Mass Brawl with Axes and Hoes in Kazanlak
- » Bulgaria: A Car with Illegal Migrants Crashed and One Person has Died
- » Bulgaria: The Body of a 31-Year-Old Man was found under a Bridge in Gabrovo
- » Bulgaria: A Boy Died and Four others were Injured in an Accident on the Ruse - Veliko Tarnovo Road
- » Bulgaria: A 2-Year-Old Boy Fell into a Two-Meter Manhole
- » Bulgaria: A Man Died after his Truck fell off a Bridge in the Kotlen Pass