Poll Names Bulgaria's Dimitrov 'Most Overrated Tennis Player'
Grigor Dimitrov has been named as "the most overrated player in tennis right now" in a poll conducted among 31 professional players by US sports website ESPN.
Dimitrov, who is Bulgaria's highest-ranking tennis player, comes first, having been mentioned by 12.9% of respondents (or four players) along with Maria Sharapova (who has the same result) and followed by Caroline Wozniacki (9.7%).
The Bulgarian has been steadily slumping down the ATP ranking, reaching the 36th spot earlier this week, after making it into the world's Top 10 in 2014.
The entire ESPN poll is prepared with the French Open in sight and includes questions on "everything from dress codes to drugs."
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Forbes: Roger Federer is the Highest-Paid Athlete in the World
- » 116 Years of FIFA: Here Are Some Facts
- » Bulgarian Football Teams Could Train in Groups Again
- » Football Championship in Bulgaria to be Resumed on 5 June
- » Bulgaria: Swimming Pools and Tennis Courts Re-open with Restrictions
- » PM Shinzo Abe: The Tokyo Olympics Won't be Held unless the Coronavirus Pandemic is Contained