Bulgaria's Govt Backs Montenegro Accession to NATO
The Bulgarian cabinet has approved a draft document providing for the accession of Montenegro to NATO, the government's press office has said.
Foreign Minister Daniel Mitov has been authorized to sign the document.
NATO formally invited Montenegro to begin accession talks in December of last year.
Bulgaria is being "led by the conviction that the European and Euro-Atlantic perspective is the most stable guarantee for durable security and prosperity in the region of the Western Balkans," the statement also reads.
- » There is No Migration Pressure Along Our Borders with Turkey and Greece
- » Opinion: Turkish Operation in Syria
- » Borisov: Nearly BGN 4 billion Will be Spent on Defense This Year
- » The Government Has Approved an Air Transport Agreement Between Bulgaria and Kazakhstan
- » North Korea has Launched Two Ballistic Missiles
- » Ministry of Interior: Migration Pressure in the Region is Increasing