Bulgaria's Govt Backs Montenegro Accession to NATO
The Bulgarian cabinet has approved a draft document providing for the accession of Montenegro to NATO, the government's press office has said.
Foreign Minister Daniel Mitov has been authorized to sign the document.
NATO formally invited Montenegro to begin accession talks in December of last year.
Bulgaria is being "led by the conviction that the European and Euro-Atlantic perspective is the most stable guarantee for durable security and prosperity in the region of the Western Balkans," the statement also reads.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Salary Increase of Bulgarian Police Officers Remains 15 Percent
- » UK Announces Biggest Military Investment since Cold War
- » Turkey Does Not Plan to Close Down Border with Bulgaria
- » PM Borissov: Bulgaria May Purchase Eight More F-16 Block 70 Aircrafts From Lockheed Martin
- » General Emil Tonev is the New Head of Bulgaria's National Service for Protection
- » Another 1,000 US Troops to be Send to Poland