Bulgaria's Govt Backs Montenegro Accession to NATO
The Bulgarian cabinet has approved a draft document providing for the accession of Montenegro to NATO, the government's press office has said.
Foreign Minister Daniel Mitov has been authorized to sign the document.
NATO formally invited Montenegro to begin accession talks in December of last year.
Bulgaria is being "led by the conviction that the European and Euro-Atlantic perspective is the most stable guarantee for durable security and prosperity in the region of the Western Balkans," the statement also reads.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » NATO Greenlights Idea of Building EU Rapid Reaction Force
- » Terrorist Attack in a Supermarket in New Zealand
- » 34 Afghans Evacuated to Bulgaria
- » Caretaker Prime Minister: There is No Need for Troops on the Border
- » Defense Minister: Caretaker Government is Not Negotiating for New F-16 Aircraft
- » Bulgaria's Caretaker Interior Minister: Migration Pressure on Bulgaria is Increasing