Bulgaria's Govt Backs Montenegro Accession to NATO
The Bulgarian cabinet has approved a draft document providing for the accession of Montenegro to NATO, the government's press office has said.
Foreign Minister Daniel Mitov has been authorized to sign the document.
NATO formally invited Montenegro to begin accession talks in December of last year.
Bulgaria is being "led by the conviction that the European and Euro-Atlantic perspective is the most stable guarantee for durable security and prosperity in the region of the Western Balkans," the statement also reads.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » More Details about Espionage Scandal: Group of Top Bulgarian Military Involved in Spying for Russia Detained
- » UK to Boost Nuclear Trident Warheads Arsenal by 40 Percent in Response to China, Russia Threat
- » Bulgaria to Host Several Multinational Military Drills, NATO Members Hone Interoperability
- » Bulgaria: Defense Committee Approves Creation of Cyber Warfare Command
- » Bulgarian Military Contingent to Take Part in Resolute Support NATO Mission in Afghanistan
- » Bulgaria’s Defense Minister: Eight Su-25 Aircraft in Fighting Trim at Bezmer Base