Bulgaria's DPS 'Ready for Early Election'
The leader of opposition Movement for Rights and Freedoms (DPS) party has said his party is prepared to go to early elections and be part of Bulgaria's next government.
Mustafa Karadayi has told DPS supporters at an event in Northeastern Bulgaria the measure will be needed to provide stability.
The possibility of an early election has come onto the agenda with leftist ABV party quitting the coalition government and reducing parliamentary support for the minority cabinet to just above 120 (half) of all lawmakers. Socialist BSP, the biggest oppositon party, has even proposed a timetable, with a snap parliamentary vote taking place after the presidential election this autumn.
The main ruling GERB party has so far dismissed any suggestion of an early vote, maintaining it is more interested in political stability.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend