Bulgarian Authorities Bust Organised Crime Group in Sofia
During a specialised police operation conducted on Thursday, officers from the counter-terrorism unit of the Bulgarian Interior Ministry' General Directorate Combating Organised Crime (GDBOP), busted an organised crime group which had for a long time operated in the Filipovtsi neighbourhood of Sofia.
The operation was carried out after continuous and detailed investigation and under the supervision of the specialised prosecutor's office, the interior ministry informs.
A total of seven people aged between 33 and 69 years were detained, including the ringleader of the group, with the search for another accomplice continuing.
The organised crime group was involved in blackmailing, racketeering, usury, smuggling, property fraud and forced collection of debts.
The police searched around ten addresses, in which were found documents used by the group in their criminal activities as well as BGN 15 000 and EUR 15 000 in cash, grenade, illegally owned gun.
Lately, the crime group has reoriented itself to trafficking of foreigners by supplying drivers and vehicles for the transportation of migrants.
In a house owned by the ringleader, the police found thirty migrants illegally residing in the country. The migrants identified themselves as coming from Syria and Afghanistan. They have been handed to the migration directorate of the Sofia directorate of the interior ministry.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Mother and Son were found Dead in Kyustendil
- » Bulgaria: A Municipal Councilor in Velingrad was Murdered (UPDATED)
- » Bulgaria: Two People Killed in a Fight between Families in Nova Zagora
- » The 15-year-old Bus Driver who Killed the Policemen may Receive up to 10 Years in Prison
- » A Woman's Body was found in Sofia Region
- » Bulgaria: More than 50 Minors were found in a Nightclub in Blagoevgrad during a Police Operation