Bulgaria's GERB to Nominate Another Deputy PM as Labor Min
The head of main ruling GERB party's faction in Parliament has said Tomislav Donchev, Deputy PM for Economic Development, will be its nomination to take over as Labor and Social Policy Minister.
The latter portfolio has remained vacant since Ivaylo Kalfin, who was also Deputy Prime Minister, stepped down earlier this week.
Donchev's nomination enjoys "support from colleagues," but the final decision will be taken by the Prime Minister, public radio BNR quotes GERB head in Parliament Tsvetan Tsvetanov as saying.
Kalfin resigned after leftist ABV party, of which he is a member, announced it would withdraw its support from the governing coalition, citing disagreement over the decisionmaking process.
Prime Minister Boyko Borisov, when asked by the Bulgarian National Television on Wednesday whether his party was ready to propose a successor, said GERB had capable people to offer for any kind office.
- » After the Security Council: Bulgaria Urges Turkey to Suspend Military Operation in Syria
- » The Security Council will Meet Today Due to the Situation in Syria
- » 40% of the Roads in Bulgaria are in Poor Condition
- » Rosen Plevneliev: Northern Macedonia MUST Be in the EU, Macron is Wrong
- » Bulgaria to Propose EU Assistance to Refugees in Jordan
- » PM Borissov: There is No Increased Migration Pressure on Bulgaria Due to the Situation in Syria