Bulgaria's GERB to Nominate Another Deputy PM as Labor Min
The head of main ruling GERB party's faction in Parliament has said Tomislav Donchev, Deputy PM for Economic Development, will be its nomination to take over as Labor and Social Policy Minister.
The latter portfolio has remained vacant since Ivaylo Kalfin, who was also Deputy Prime Minister, stepped down earlier this week.
Donchev's nomination enjoys "support from colleagues," but the final decision will be taken by the Prime Minister, public radio BNR quotes GERB head in Parliament Tsvetan Tsvetanov as saying.
Kalfin resigned after leftist ABV party, of which he is a member, announced it would withdraw its support from the governing coalition, citing disagreement over the decisionmaking process.
Prime Minister Boyko Borisov, when asked by the Bulgarian National Television on Wednesday whether his party was ready to propose a successor, said GERB had capable people to offer for any kind office.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend