Bulgaria PM to Attend London Anti-Corruption Summit
Bulgaria's Prime Minister Boyko Borisov is heading to London on Wednesday for an anti-corruption summit, his press office says.
Borisov will also meet British counterpart David Cameron prior to the event which is scheduled for May 12.
His delegation includes Tomislav Donchev, Deputy PM for Economic Policy, and Justice Minister Ekaterina Zaharieva.
Hosted by Cameron, the first-of-a-kind summit is aimed at exploring the possibilities of a global anti-corruption effort and the adoption of a series of measures to fight graft.
It should also help "expose, punish and drive out corruption in all walks of life," an online statement reads.
Other issues on the agenda are " corporate secrecy, government transparency, the enforcement of international anti-corruption laws, and the strengthening of international institutions".
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Greece and Turkey to Resolve Their Disputes in Istanbul
- » Bulgaria’s Ambassador to UK Marin Raykov: The Absence of Bulgaria From The UK's Non-Quarantine List is Abnormal
- » Bulgaria's PM Boyko Borissov Sends Congratulatory Address to US President Donald Trump on US Independence Day
- » Bulgaria's PM Borissov and Serbian President Vucic Inspected Balkan Stream Construction
- » Bulgaria Asks Committee on Resolving Historical Issues with North Macedonia
- » Presidents Rumen Radev and Salome Zourabichvili Discussed Bulgaria’s and Georgia’s Readiness to Boost Bilateral Trade after the Coronavirus