Bulgaria PM to Attend London Anti-Corruption Summit
Bulgaria's Prime Minister Boyko Borisov is heading to London on Wednesday for an anti-corruption summit, his press office says.
Borisov will also meet British counterpart David Cameron prior to the event which is scheduled for May 12.
His delegation includes Tomislav Donchev, Deputy PM for Economic Policy, and Justice Minister Ekaterina Zaharieva.
Hosted by Cameron, the first-of-a-kind summit is aimed at exploring the possibilities of a global anti-corruption effort and the adoption of a series of measures to fight graft.
It should also help "expose, punish and drive out corruption in all walks of life," an online statement reads.
Other issues on the agenda are " corporate secrecy, government transparency, the enforcement of international anti-corruption laws, and the strengthening of international institutions".
- » Donald Trump Expects to Meet Vladimir Putin in July in Europe
- » The Bulgarian Foreign Minister goes to Macedonia
- » Prime Minister Borisov has Refused to Meet with the Macedonian President, who is in Sofia
- » PM Borisov: We will Discuss with Netanyahu whether we can do Joint Production in the Field of Defense
- » What did Trump and Kim Jong-un Sign?
- » Boyko Borisov is Leaving for Work Visits to Israel and Palestine