Bulgaria's DPS Party Appoints Five Deputies
The Movement for Rights and Freedoms (DPS) has picked five people as deputies to Mustafa Karadayi, who was recently elected as chair of the third-biggest party in Bulgaria's Parliament.
New Deputy Chairs include MEP Filiz Hyusmenova, Parliament Deputy Speaker Aliosman Imamov, MPs Yanko Yankov and Ahmed Ahmedov, and Kardzhali Mayor Hasan Azis.
Karzdhali is the biggest regional center with a majority of Bulgarian Turks.
The DPS, for its part, is liberal, ethnic Turk-dominated party which recently underwent leadership change, with its former chair Lyutvi Mestan being expelled last year after openly siding with Turkey on the downing of the Su-24 fighter-bomber.
It is also Bulgaria's second-biggest opposition party.
- » White Brotherhood of Bulgaria Gather for Supernatural-like Ritual near Rila Lakes
- » The Fire in the Old Landfill in Svishtov is Under Control, Crews on Site are Monitoring the Situation
- » This Year Bulgaria has Allocated BGN 70 Million for Reclamation of Old Landfills
- » Global Game Industry is Stepping into Bulgaria
- » Carriers will be Able to Test the TOL System
- » A New Case of African Swine Fever in Plovdiv and Lovech