Bulgaria’s Deputy PM Kalfin: I Resign in line with ABV’s Decision to Stop Backing Govt
Deputy Prime Minister Ivaylo Kalfin said on Tuesday that the reason why he resigned was the decision of his left-wing ABV party to withdraw support for Bulgaria’s minority coalition government.
ABV Deputy Chairman Rumen Petkov said earlier on Tuesday that the party’s National Council had decided to propose to a party conference, to be held on Sunday, to stop backing the cabinet led by Prime Minister Boyko Borisov.
"I withdraw from the government in line with ABV’s decision.Over the last year and a half I worked hard to ensure that there were higher incomes in Bulgaria, more jobs and more fairness and predictability in social systems," Kalfin said in a statement posted on the website of the Labour and Social Policy Ministry which he headed since Borisov formed his coalition government in November 2014.
"I'm happy with what I have achieved.”
Kalfin, the sole ABV minister in the cabinet, was also Deputy Prime Minister in charge of demographic and social policy.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend