Bulgaria's ABV Party to Withdraw Support for Govt
Leftist Alternative for Bulgarian Revival (ABV) party has said it is withdrawing its support for from the cabinet of Boyko Borisov in which it has one minister.
ABV Deputy Chair Rumen Petkov has said at a press conference the party is yet to hold a meeting on Sunday to decide whether or not to pull its minister Ivaylo Kalfin, also a Deputy PM, and all its appointments to executive agencies.
A vote on the decision will be held Sunday, BGNES wire service quotes him as saying.
Petkov has cited disagreement over policies pursued by the government.
A decision by ABV will not directly lead to the collapse of Borisov's minority coalition as it will not reduce Parliamentary support for the cabinet to below 50% of Bulgaria's 240 lawmakers.
However, if the party's 11 MPs slide into opposition, it will cause it to hinge on several lawmakers.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: MRF Will Not Support GERB for New Constitution and Grand National Assembly
- » Bulgaria: Chairman of Information Services - 4 Months is the Delivery of Voting Machines
- » Upholding the independence of the Bulgarian Prosecutor's Office: National Meeting on Monday
- » Emergency Epidemic Situation in Bulgaria Is Extended until August 31
- » Bulgaria: The Government Will Announce New Social Measures
- » Bulgaria: The National Assembly Accepted the Changes in the Cabinet