Bulgaria's ABV Party to Withdraw Support for Govt
Leftist Alternative for Bulgarian Revival (ABV) party has said it is withdrawing its support for from the cabinet of Boyko Borisov in which it has one minister.
ABV Deputy Chair Rumen Petkov has said at a press conference the party is yet to hold a meeting on Sunday to decide whether or not to pull its minister Ivaylo Kalfin, also a Deputy PM, and all its appointments to executive agencies.
A vote on the decision will be held Sunday, BGNES wire service quotes him as saying.
Petkov has cited disagreement over policies pursued by the government.
A decision by ABV will not directly lead to the collapse of Borisov's minority coalition as it will not reduce Parliamentary support for the cabinet to below 50% of Bulgaria's 240 lawmakers.
However, if the party's 11 MPs slide into opposition, it will cause it to hinge on several lawmakers.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend