Bulgaria's Dimitrov Ousted Early in Rome Tennis Masters
Bulgaria's highest-ranking tennis player Grigor Dimitrov was defeated by Alexander Zverev in the first round of Italian Open on Monday.
This is the second defeat in a row where the Bulgarian cannot make it past the first round of a major tournament.
Zverev (Germany) secured a 6:1, 6:4 victory, with Dimitrov doing little to catch up in the first set.
Monday's development is also the third defeat since the final of Istanbul Open, where he was on the brink of winning the tournament, but succumbed to pressure from Diego Schwartzman of Argentina.
On Monday, Dimitrov climbed down the ATP ranking leaving the Top 30 for the first time in 3 years.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » How New Technologies Help Sport Fans Around the World
- » Bulgaria: Stadiums Open to the Public in Compliance with Strict Measures
- » Police Officers Took Grigor Dimitrov's Driver License in Monaco
- » Sport Events in Bulgaria Without Audience Until August 31
- » Alexandar Georgiev to Be Only Bulgarian-Born Player in Revised NHL Playoffs
- » Online Casinos: Top Reasons Why Casinos Are The Best In The UK