Bulgaria's Dimitrov Ousted Early in Rome Tennis Masters
Bulgaria's highest-ranking tennis player Grigor Dimitrov was defeated by Alexander Zverev in the first round of Italian Open on Monday.
This is the second defeat in a row where the Bulgarian cannot make it past the first round of a major tournament.
Zverev (Germany) secured a 6:1, 6:4 victory, with Dimitrov doing little to catch up in the first set.
Monday's development is also the third defeat since the final of Istanbul Open, where he was on the brink of winning the tournament, but succumbed to pressure from Diego Schwartzman of Argentina.
On Monday, Dimitrov climbed down the ATP ranking leaving the Top 30 for the first time in 3 years.
- » It's Official - Dimitar Berbatov Announced the End of His Football Career
- » The End of an Era! Roger Federer Announced He Is Considering a Retirement
- » Grigor Dimitrov Will Play in Stockholm on October 14
- » Kubrat Pulev Is at the Top of Professional Boxing!
- » EU Volleyball Tournament: Bulgaria Triumphs over Portugal
- » Bulgarian FA Incensed by Southgate's Racism Claims