Bulgaria's Dimitrov Ousted Early in Rome Tennis Masters
Bulgaria's highest-ranking tennis player Grigor Dimitrov was defeated by Alexander Zverev in the first round of Italian Open on Monday.
This is the second defeat in a row where the Bulgarian cannot make it past the first round of a major tournament.
Zverev (Germany) secured a 6:1, 6:4 victory, with Dimitrov doing little to catch up in the first set.
Monday's development is also the third defeat since the final of Istanbul Open, where he was on the brink of winning the tournament, but succumbed to pressure from Diego Schwartzman of Argentina.
On Monday, Dimitrov climbed down the ATP ranking leaving the Top 30 for the first time in 3 years.
- » Confirmed: Kubrat Pulev will Anthony Joshua on June 20 in London
- » Four-Time World Rhythmic Gymnastics Champion Tried to Commit Suicide
- » The World Athletics Indoor Championship was Postponed because of the Coronavirus
- » Grigor Dimitrov Dropped Out of the Australian Open after a Tough Game
- » Grigor Dimitrov Received a Marriage Proposal after his Big Win at the Australian Open
- » Georgi Yanev, Alexander Alexandrov and Anelia Dukova Winners of the ISCT 2020 Squash Tournament