Bulgaria's Dimitrov Ousted Early in Rome Tennis Masters
Bulgaria's highest-ranking tennis player Grigor Dimitrov was defeated by Alexander Zverev in the first round of Italian Open on Monday.
This is the second defeat in a row where the Bulgarian cannot make it past the first round of a major tournament.
Zverev (Germany) secured a 6:1, 6:4 victory, with Dimitrov doing little to catch up in the first set.
Monday's development is also the third defeat since the final of Istanbul Open, where he was on the brink of winning the tournament, but succumbed to pressure from Diego Schwartzman of Argentina.
On Monday, Dimitrov climbed down the ATP ranking leaving the Top 30 for the first time in 3 years.
- » EU Volleyball Tournament: Bulgaria Triumphs over Portugal
- » Bulgarian FA Incensed by Southgate's Racism Claims
- » England 4-0 Bulgaria, Third Consecutive Defeat for Manager Balakov
- » Grigor Dimitrov Faces Daniil Medvedev in the Semifinals of the US Open
- » EPIC WIN! Grigor Dimitrov Stuns Roger Federer
- » Federer: Grigor is a Friend of Mine, I Love Playing Against Him