Bulgaria Enforces Restrictions to Truck Movement for Holiday Returns
Heavy trucks (over 12 tons) cannot move across Bulgaria between 14:00 and 20:00 local time (EEST) on Monday, authorities have said.
The move comes as hundreds of thousands of Bulgarias are traveling back to their homes, returng from their holiday trips for the Easter days.
The ban applies to motorways and major thoroughfares, the only exception being made for vehicles transporting some food products, live animals, or dangerous cargo.
Police presence will be stepped up for what is known in Bulgaria as "the great return", with officers standing ready to provide assistance in case of traffic jams.
Parts of northern Bulgaria were paralyzed on Friday as thousands of vehicles waited along the Hemus motorway, with police diverting some of the traffic to an alternative route.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Weather in Bulgaria, July 2: Sunny and Warm, Temperatures Up to 35 Degrees
- » Covid-19 in Bulgaria: 165 Newly Registered Cases on July 2, 5154 Total
- » Czechs Celebrate the End of Covid-19 Crisis with Giant Party in Prague
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Mostly Sunny with Temperatures Up to 36 Degrees on July 1
- » COVID-19 Update: 158 Newly Registered Cases in Bulgaria on July 1, Total: 4989
- » New "Animal" Virus Discovered in China