Bulgaria Enforces Restrictions to Truck Movement for Holiday Returns
Heavy trucks (over 12 tons) cannot move across Bulgaria between 14:00 and 20:00 local time (EEST) on Monday, authorities have said.
The move comes as hundreds of thousands of Bulgarias are traveling back to their homes, returng from their holiday trips for the Easter days.
The ban applies to motorways and major thoroughfares, the only exception being made for vehicles transporting some food products, live animals, or dangerous cargo.
Police presence will be stepped up for what is known in Bulgaria as "the great return", with officers standing ready to provide assistance in case of traffic jams.
Parts of northern Bulgaria were paralyzed on Friday as thousands of vehicles waited along the Hemus motorway, with police diverting some of the traffic to an alternative route.
- » Increased Traffic Today, Large Queues at the Border Checkpoints
- » Today We Celebrate the International Day of Peace
- » Twitter Closed Thousands of Accounts Around the World For Spreading Fake News
- » Millions of People Around the World Have Joined the Global Climate Strike
- » Fire Burned Dozens of Decares of Forests near Vidin
- » Yordanka Fandakova: For Four Years Sofia Municipality Has Invested BGN 55 Million in Healthcare