Author of Cartoons Taken Off Bulgaria TV Station Joins Slavi's Show
Chavdar Nikolov, a cartoonist whose contract with private NOVA TV station was terminated and his video cartoon of Bulgaria's Prime Minister removed, has signed with Slavi's Show, one of the most watched evening talkshows in the country.
The host, Slavi Trifonov, is widely thought to be seeking a way into politics through a six-point referendum on the political system of Bulgaria that is due later this year.
On Friday, Trifonov announced that Nikolov had joined his team, also airing a video cartoon by him mocking Borisov over the Electoral Code of Bulgaria.
Dnevnik quotes Nikolov as saying he is to release one video cartoon on Slavi's Show every week (the show itself is aired on weekdays).
In April, NOVA removed a video cartoon of Borisov mocking his attitude to "migrant hunters" along Bulgaria's southern border.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Emergency Epidemic Situation in Bulgaria Is Extended until August 31
- » Bulgaria: The Government Will Announce New Social Measures
- » Bulgaria: The National Assembly Accepted the Changes in the Cabinet
- » Protests in Bulgaria: 15th Day - Protesters Closed Ten Junctions in Sofia, Thrown Sunflower Seeds and Candy in Front of the Council of Ministers
- » Protests in Bulgaria: 14th Day in a Row Under the Motto "Let’s Block Sofia First and Then the State"
- » 13 Days Protests in Bulgaria: "We Are the Vote of No Confidence"