Bulgarian Authorities Detain 29 Migrants Near Vratsa
During a specialised police check conducted by officers from Vratsa, Bulgarian authorities detained shortly before midnight on Wednesday 29 migrants travelling in a minibus in the direction of Vidin.
The migrant group consisted of one woman, thirteen minors and fifteen men coming from Afghanistan and Pakistan.
The minibus was stopped on the E79 international road near the diversion for the village of Beli izvor, 24 Chasa daily informs.
The driver of the minibus was a 34-year-old resident of the village of Galabovo, who has a criminal record and has been convicted of robberies.
Eighteen of the migrants were detained for the lack of identity documents, while the remaining eleven were registered at the State Agency for Refugees (DAB) and released by authorities.
The migrants have been transported to the refugee centres across the country, with some of them receiving medical aid at the hospital in Vratsa.
- » The Young Bulgarian who Disappeared in the UK was Found Dead
- » 383 kg of Drugs Seized by Bulgarian Customs have been Burned
- » Interpol Saved 50 Children from a Pedophile Ring
- » Five illegal Migrants Caught Attempting to Cross the Danube
- » Man Shot his Ex-Wife in Shumen
- » 29 Guest Houses in Kyustendil Area Inspected by Economic Police