Bulgaria's Dimitrov Secures Tough Victory over World's No. 194
Bulgaria's highest-ranking tennis player Grigor Dimitrov made it on Wednesday to the quarterfinals at the TEB BNP Paribas Istanbul Open tournament in Turkey, defeating qualifier Adrian Ungur (Romania).
The match lasted two hours and 14 minutes, with second-seeded Dimitrov winning a hard battle against Ungur that ended 7:5, 4:6, 7:5.
Local sports websites note that a number of mistakes on behalf of Dimitrov, currently 29th in the ATP rankings, had put a clear victory into question.
His next opponent will be Jiri Vesely (Czech Republic), who is ranked No. 63, who defeated the world number one Novak Djokovic in Monte Carlo earlier in April.
Last year, Dimitrov made it to Istanbul Open's semifinals.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » It’s final: Djokovic will not participate in the Australian Open, he must leave the country
- » Australia Revoked Djokovic's Visa for the Second Time
- » Boris Kolev Wins His First WSOP Bracelet
- » Djokovic Apologized for his Media Appearance while being Positive for COVID-19
- » Djokovic Detained again in Australia
- » Djokovic Won the Court Battle, he will Stay in Australia