Bulsatcom Slapped with Fine over Unfair Competition
Bulgaria's competition watchdog has fined pay-TV services provider Bulsatcom for its failure to provide customers with exact information on a new promo package it is offering.
The sanction on Bulsatcom amounts to 0.4% of its total turnover for the previous financial year, or BGN 590 792 (EUR 302 522)
Since March of last year the company has been offering the so-called Diema Extra pack which adds two two sports channels for a monthly subscription of BGN 3.96 without providing detailed information about the content of the programs, this limiting the customer's possibility to make a rational choice.
Additionally, Diema Extra Pack was not broadcast for a certain period after Bulsatcom started offering the package, the watchdog says. The company did not reduce the extra monthly fee for the package for the time it broadcast only one of the channels to make up for the users' inconvenience.
Wednesday's announcement constitutes the second case of a hefty fine imposed by the Commission for Protection of Competition this week after it fined Lidl Bulgaria a day earlier over a misleading advertisement campaign.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » First Underwater Archeological Museum Opened in Greece
- » Slovenia Adds Bulgaria to the "Red List"
- » Ban On the Landing of Airplanes From Bulgaria at Vienna Airport Has Been Lifted
- » Italy Extends Mandatory Quarantine for All Arriving from Bulgaria
- » One of the Queen’s Bodyguards Has Been Arrested for Cocaine Possession
- » Record Decline: Euro Zones GDP Shrank by 14.4%