Bulgarian Police Detain 22 Afghan Migrants near Border with Greece
Police have detained 22 irregular migrants from Afghanistan in a van following a pursuit near Zlatograd crossing on Bulgaria’s border with Greece, public broadcaster BNR reported on Tuesday.
The driver has also been arrested.
The migrants – five men, five women and 12 children - were discovered in the back of the van after police made the vehicle pull over.
Police have launched a criminal investigation.
- » Bulgarian Woman Living in the UK was Trying to get Jailed and Deported
- » Blagoevgrad: Four Charged over Attempted Robbery in Rozhen Monastery
- » Bulgarian Police Detain Driver Transporting 16 illegal Migrants
- » Three Injured After Car Ploughs Into Pedestrians in London
- » Bulgarian Arrested In Curaçao For Extradition to Germany
- » Robbery in Rozhen Monastery