Kavarna Rock Fest 2016: First 3 Bands Confirmed
Avantasia (Germany), Myrath (Tunisia-France), and Therion (Sweden) have been the three groups to confirm they will be part of this year's Kavarna Rock festival on July 01-03.
The annual rock & metal festival in the seaside town of Kavarna will take place despite fears Kavarna's new administration was considering an end to a decade-old tradition.
Ticket network Eventim says there are still "Early bird" tickets, worth BGN 70, or EUR 35, available as of April 26 (1000 were released after the announcement that the festival would take place).
A normal single-day pass is worth BGN 55, and one for three days is sold for BGN 99.
Launched in 2006 by then mayor Tsonko Tsonev, who held the office between 2003 and 2015, the festival turned Kavarna from a rural town into a self-styled "rock capital" of Bulgaria, with old apartment blocks bearing graffiti of rock stars.
However, the administration of Nina Stavreva, which took over in 2006, initially called the festival into question, citing the noise and concerns of locals.
- » The International Film Festival Burgas Starts on July 20 with over 30 Films
- » All you Need to Know About Ayliak Parade in Plovdiv
- » Peter Bence with a Concert in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian illustration for Children from the 20s and 30s
- » Festival А TO JAZZ 2018 in Sofia
- » 180° Announces Open-call for Short Mute Movie