Bulgarian Authorities Detain 21 Illegal Migrants Near Border with Turkey
Bulgarian border police officers have detained 21 illegal migrants near the border with Turkey.
They were detained near the village of Granichar in the municipality of Sredets, Darik radio informs.
There are both children and women among the migrants, who claimed to come from Iraq. The youngest migrant from the group is eight years old, while the eldest members is aged 42.
The migrants have been accommodated at a specialised centre.
Another 25-year-old foreigner was detained during a police check in the village of Saedinenie in the municipality of Sungurlare on Sunday.
The young man, who identified himself as coming from Syria, was detained upon his failure to present identity documents after being asked by police.
- » Police Detained a Bulgarian in France with Nearly 30 kg of Cannabis
- » 1kg of Cocaine and Almost 5kg of Heroin Seized by Police in Plovdiv Area
- » Cyberterrorists Attacked 40 US Cities
- » Bulgarian Special Prosecutor's Office Files Indictment Against Controversial Banevi Family
- » Over One Tonne of Cannabis Was Found Aboard a Yacht in Greece
- » Bulgarian Police Seizes 76 kg of Cocaine Hidden Among Fruits