Bulgarian Authorities Detain 21 Illegal Migrants Near Border with Turkey
Bulgarian border police officers have detained 21 illegal migrants near the border with Turkey.
They were detained near the village of Granichar in the municipality of Sredets, Darik radio informs.
There are both children and women among the migrants, who claimed to come from Iraq. The youngest migrant from the group is eight years old, while the eldest members is aged 42.
The migrants have been accommodated at a specialised centre.
Another 25-year-old foreigner was detained during a police check in the village of Saedinenie in the municipality of Sungurlare on Sunday.
The young man, who identified himself as coming from Syria, was detained upon his failure to present identity documents after being asked by police.
- » BBC Investigation: Bulgarian Runs a Network for Fighting and Trading Dogs
- » More than 10 People were Detained in Operation by of GDBOP and National Security in Blagoevgrad
- » Masked and Armed Man Robbed a Bank Branch in Sofia
- » Bulgarian Authorities Shut Down 15 Websites Selling Fake Goods
- » Arrested Head of Work Capability Assessment Commission Remains in Custody
- » Third Skripal Suspect Linked to Poisoning in Bulgaria in 2015