Bulgarian Authorities Detain 21 Illegal Migrants Near Border with Turkey
Bulgarian border police officers have detained 21 illegal migrants near the border with Turkey.
They were detained near the village of Granichar in the municipality of Sredets, Darik radio informs.
There are both children and women among the migrants, who claimed to come from Iraq. The youngest migrant from the group is eight years old, while the eldest members is aged 42.
The migrants have been accommodated at a specialised centre.
Another 25-year-old foreigner was detained during a police check in the village of Saedinenie in the municipality of Sungurlare on Sunday.
The young man, who identified himself as coming from Syria, was detained upon his failure to present identity documents after being asked by police.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » "Information Service" for Green Certificates: We Repelled the biggest Cyber Attack in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Traffic Police Caught 30 Migrants on Trakia Highway near Sliven
- » Spouses Found Dead in Blagoevgrad, Son is a Suspect of the Murder
- » At Least 116 people have Died in a Prison Riot in Ecuador
- » Demonstrative Murder in Sofia: A Man was Shot Dead at Gerena Stadium
- » Record Homicide Growth in the United States Last Year