Orthodox Christians Celebrate Palm Sunday
Orthodox Christians are celebrating Palm Sunday this Sunday, marking a week before the celebration of Orthodox Easter.
Palm Sunday celebrates the triumphal entry of Jesus into Jerusalem when he was greeted by people with palm branches.
In Bulgaria, Palm Sunday is also known as Tsvetnitsa (Flower's Day). It is one of the most popular holidays as all people whose names derive from flowers, trees or other plants are celebrating their name day.
Most people attend church service where they light candles and are handed branches of willow, which have been consecrated by a priest. People take the willow branches home and put them on icons.
- » Increased Traffic Today, Large Queues at the Border Checkpoints
- » Today We Celebrate the International Day of Peace
- » Twitter Closed Thousands of Accounts Around the World For Spreading Fake News
- » Millions of People Around the World Have Joined the Global Climate Strike
- » Fire Burned Dozens of Decares of Forests near Vidin
- » Yordanka Fandakova: For Four Years Sofia Municipality Has Invested BGN 55 Million in Healthcare