Over 100 000 Romanians Expected to Visit Bulgaria over Easter Holiday
Tourism Minister Nikolina Angelkova expects more than 100 000 Romanians to visit Bulgaria during the forthcoming Orthodox Easter.
Angelkova said this in the city of Varna on Friday at the start of a series of meetings across the country initiated by her, which are to assess the readiness for the forthcoming summer season.
The tourism minister pointed that due to the repair works on the key Asparuhov bridge in Varna, visitors will have to use alternative routes.
Angelkova added that the Romanian economy and tourism ministry has already been informed of the problem and is responsible for distributing the information to people.
Notices with the information will also appear on the border checkpoints and temporary road signs indicating the alternative routes will be also put in place.
According to preliminary estimates, the number of Romanians visiting Bulgaria will increase by 3-4 %, which means that their number is expected to exceed one million people.
Angelkova added that there were outlooks for a good summer season on the basis of data for early bookings.
Compared to last year, the expectations are for 30 % increase in the number of Russian tourists, while visitors from Germany are expected to increase by 15-20 %.
The rise in the number of Polish visitors is expected to be around 40 %, while the forecasts predict the number of tourists from Hungary and the Czech Republic to increase by around 15 %.
The joint Bulgarian-Romanian police teams established last year will be joined by police officers from the Czech Republic and possibly Germany.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Restart of the Winter Season in Bulgaria: Heavy Snow and many Tourists in Pamporovo and Chepelare
- » Wizz Air announced New Route from Bulgaria to Armenia
- » Wizz Air with 77% Growth in Passenger Flow in Bulgaria for 2022
- » Mexico deported 27 Bulgarian Tourists in the span of 3 Months, Some were Kept in Cells for 4 Days
- » Snow finally Covered the Tracks in Pamporovo
- » Bulgarian Hoteliers are coming up with Alternative Activities for Skiers in Anticipation of Snow in the Winter Resorts