'No Mercy' for Corrupt GERB Officials, Bulgaria’s PM Warns
Bulgaria’s Prime Minister Boyko Borisov on Sunday vowed zero tolerance to corruption among officials from GERB party, the dominant partner in the government coalition.
GERB could be removed from power only by GERB itself and this could happen if officials from the party ignore the anti-corruption call, Borisov told a national working meeting between members of Parliament and local party officials from the centre-right party in Sofia.
“Let me warn you: be very careful, we’ll be done for even if a slight doubt emerges,” Borisov said.
"There will be no mercy" towards any party member suspected of corruption, he added.
Democrats for Strong Bulgaria (DSB), one of the parties making up the junior government coalition partner, the Reformist Bloc (RB), demanded the resignation of Transport Minister Ivaylo Moskovski earlier this week over a corruption scandal involving the chairman of the Road Transport Administration executive agency, Tsvetelin Tsvetanov.
Tsvetanov was expelled from GERB following his indictment on charges of corruption by the prosecuting authorities.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Irregular Migration Pressure on Bulgarian Borders Mounting – Interior Ministry
- » Bulgaria: Caretaker Finance Minister Reveals Rationale behind Personnel Reshuffle in Revenue Agencies
- » Bulgaria’s Ultra-Nationalist Parties Mull Running for July General Election Together
- » Bulgarian Customs Agency Has New Executive Director
- » Bulgaria: Caretaker Government Appoints New CEO of National Revenue Agency
- » Supreme Judicial Council Adopts Declaration against Closure of Specialized Courts