Ukraine's New PM Confirmed by Parliament
The Parliament in Ukraine on Thursday confirmed Volodymyr Groysman as the country's new Prime Minister, following the resignation of Arseniy Yatsenyuk earlier this week.
Groysman, until now Parliament Speaker since 2014, was backed by 257 MPs, out of 390 who voted.
RBC daily quotes Groysman, whose name was put forward by President Petro Poroshenko, as saying he would be committed to continuing political and economic reform.
At 38, he becomes the youngest-serving Prime Minister of Ukraine.
He is taking over after months of tensions between Yatsenyuk and Parliament, including the governing coalition and President Petro Poroshenko.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Erdogan invites Leaders of Russia and Ukraine to Talks in Turkey
- » Ukrainian MP at the EP: Any Arms Embargo against Ukraine must Fall
- » Hackers hit the Websites of several Ukrainian Ministries
- » Vitali Klitschko: I will Fight on the Front Lines against Russia
- » Biden and Zelensky discussed upcoming Security Talks with Russia
- » Ukrainian Media: Petro Poroshenko will be Accused of Treason