New Film Festival to Show Documentaries on Art in Sofia
A film festival bringing together documentaries dedicated to the arts begins in Bulgaria's capital Sofia on April 15.
With some 50 titles included in this first edition, the event which is first-of-a-kind for Southeast Europe aims to showcase the role of documentaries in promoting arts, organizers have said.
The Master of Art Film Festival will include a number of titles that have been screened at international festivals. The first one to be shown is The Lady in Number 6: Music Saved My Life, which won an Oscar in the Documentary Short category in 2014.
There will be a separate category for social ads and video art.
A prize fund of EUR 7000 breaks up into the big Best documentary film award (EUR 5000) and three others, includingf one for video art.
The opening will take place at Lumiere cinema hall, next to the National Palace of Culture (NDK) on April 15, while the festival will continue through April 22.
You can learn more about the Master of Art Film Festival here.
- » IRON MAIDEN and JUDAS PRIEST at HILLS OF ROCK 2018 Festival
- » The "Hidden Letters" Project in Sofia, Bulgaria
- » Strange Treasure Next to the Great Pyramid at Giza
- » What is Included in this Year's "World Theater in Sofia?"
- » You can Volunteer to Star in a Film in Plovdiv
- » New Location for the Spring Book Fair 2018