Bulgaria, Turkey Top Prosecutors to Discuss Refugee Crisis, Terror Threats
The refugee crisis, terrorist threats and the fight against organized crime will be on the agenda of talks between the top prosecutors of Bulgaria and Turkey in Sofia this week.
The talks between Bulgaria’s Chief Prosecutor Sotir Tsatsarov and Turkey’s Chief Public Prosecutor at the Supreme Court Mehmet Akarca will be part of Akarca’s official two-day visit, Bulgaria’s Prosecutor’s Office announced in a statement on Monday.
The visit starting on Tuesday will take place in the framework of the 2014 agreement for exchange of information and best practices between the prosecutor’s offices of Bulgaria and Turkey.
Sotir Tsatsarov made an official visit to Turkey at the invitation of Mehmet Akarca in September last year.
Turkey’s top prosecutors will also meet Bulgaria’s President Rosen Plevneliev, Prime Minister Boyko Borisov as well as the ministers of the interior, justice and education, according to the statement.
- » Northern Macedonia Expects to Receive a Start Date For Talks with the EU
- » Over 160 Migrants Arrived in Greece From Turkey Over the Weekend
- » 2019 Tourist Season in Greece is Extremely Successful
- » Fitch to Lift SEE Countries Credit Ratings upon ERM II, Euro Area Entry
- » Erdogan: Turkey Will Carry Out a Military Operation in Syria
- » Higher Prices For TOL System in Serbia