Bulgaria, Romania Qualify to Join Schengen Area, EC Spokesperson Has Said
The European Commission thinks that Bulgaria and Romania have met all the requirements to join the EU’s free-travel Schengen Area, a spokesperson for the EU executive has been reported as saying.
In the opinion of the Commission, Bulgaria and Romania qualify for entry into the Schengen Area, European Commission spokeswoman Mina Andreeva has told journalists in Brussels on Monday, according to Romania’s Mediafax and Russia’s RIA Novosti.
Now, a unanimous decision by EU Member States will be required, Andreeva has added.
- » The EU has Reached a Preliminary Agreement on the Defense Budget until 2027
- » MEPs Demand an End to the Change of Time in 2020
- » 100 Days Before European Elections
- » Bulgarian Foreign Minister: The Western Balkans' EU-integration is an Irreversible Process
- » Europe’s Transport Future Was Discussed in the EP
- » Poland Has Exported 2700 Kilograms of Suspicious Beef to European Countries