Bulgaria, Romania Qualify to Join Schengen Area, EC Spokesperson Has Said
The European Commission thinks that Bulgaria and Romania have met all the requirements to join the EU’s free-travel Schengen Area, a spokesperson for the EU executive has been reported as saying.
In the opinion of the Commission, Bulgaria and Romania qualify for entry into the Schengen Area, European Commission spokeswoman Mina Andreeva has told journalists in Brussels on Monday, according to Romania’s Mediafax and Russia’s RIA Novosti.
Now, a unanimous decision by EU Member States will be required, Andreeva has added.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian Minister: In Croatia they see the Adoption of the Euro as a Way to be Part of Europe’s Heart
- » German Consumer Sentiment Collapses to Record Low due to Inflation and Energy Crisis
- » The Far-Right Won in Italy’s Elections
- » Italy's Elections might Put in Power the most Right-Wing Government since World War II
- » EU: Mobilization and the Referendums show Putin's Desperation
- » Italy could Pay you 15,000 Euros to Move to Sardinia