Bulgaria, Romania Qualify to Join Schengen Area, EC Spokesperson Has Said
The European Commission thinks that Bulgaria and Romania have met all the requirements to join the EU’s free-travel Schengen Area, a spokesperson for the EU executive has been reported as saying.
In the opinion of the Commission, Bulgaria and Romania qualify for entry into the Schengen Area, European Commission spokeswoman Mina Andreeva has told journalists in Brussels on Monday, according to Romania’s Mediafax and Russia’s RIA Novosti.
Now, a unanimous decision by EU Member States will be required, Andreeva has added.
- » The Netherlands Has Blocked Negotiations with Albania For the EU
- » So Far, the EU Has Done Nothing to Save the 2015 Nuclear Agreement, Iran Said
- » The EU Introduces More Secure Identity Documents
- » The EU Has Adopted Additional Rules to Combat Illegal Migration
- » Manfred Weber Was Elected as the Leader of the EPP in the European Parliament
- » The EC Published New Guidelines on the Interaction of the Free Movement of Non-Personal Data