Bulgaria, Romania Qualify to Join Schengen Area, EC Spokesperson Has Said
The European Commission thinks that Bulgaria and Romania have met all the requirements to join the EU’s free-travel Schengen Area, a spokesperson for the EU executive has been reported as saying.
In the opinion of the Commission, Bulgaria and Romania qualify for entry into the Schengen Area, European Commission spokeswoman Mina Andreeva has told journalists in Brussels on Monday, according to Romania’s Mediafax and Russia’s RIA Novosti.
Now, a unanimous decision by EU Member States will be required, Andreeva has added.
- » The European Parliament Supported a New Postponement of Brexit
- » The European Parliament is Discussing Brexit
- » There Will be New Parliamentary Elections in Spain on November 10th
- » The European Parliament Backed Christine Lagarde as ECB chief
- » The Nomination of Lagarde for President of the ECB Will be Voted Today
- » Belgrade Opened Headquarters of the Transport Community for Southeast Europe