Bulgaria, Romania Qualify to Join Schengen Area, EC Spokesperson Has Said
The European Commission thinks that Bulgaria and Romania have met all the requirements to join the EU’s free-travel Schengen Area, a spokesperson for the EU executive has been reported as saying.
In the opinion of the Commission, Bulgaria and Romania qualify for entry into the Schengen Area, European Commission spokeswoman Mina Andreeva has told journalists in Brussels on Monday, according to Romania’s Mediafax and Russia’s RIA Novosti.
Now, a unanimous decision by EU Member States will be required, Andreeva has added.
- » MATERA, EUROPEAN CAPITAL OF CULTURE 2019
- » Presidents of EU Parliament and Commission Show Their Support for Romania’s Accession to Schengen Area
- » Romania's EU Presidency Overshadowed by Corruption Cases
- » Eurozone Unemployment Fell to 10-year Low in November
- » Belgium Charge Man with Providing Arms to Paris Attackers
- » The Council on General Affairs of the European Union Meets in Brussels