300 Bulgarian Miners to Lose Job as Mine Near Burgas Closes
Nearly 300 miners will lose their jobs as the "Cherno more" mine near the Bulgarian city of Burgas will close on Monday.
The closure of the mine comes as surprise for the miners, who are still waiting to receive their February salaries.
The executive director of the mine had a meeting with the owners of the mine in Sofia where he was informed of their decision to close the mine.
Trade unions are commenting that the sudden closure of the mine is impossible. According to them, there is risk of incidents occurring due to ongoing works in the mine.
People working at the mine have staged numerous protests due to their salaries being delayed for months.
The documents for the lay-off will be finalised at a meeting with the management on Monday.
Miners have been assured that they will receive the compensations due to them.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » More than 1,500 Companies Are Seeking Compensation for Closing of Their Business in April
- » Economy Minister Announces New Loans to Help Small and Medium-seized Businesses in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria to EU Council: National Assembly Resolution on Republic of North Macedonia Is in Effect
- » Bitcoin Nosedives as China Expands Crypto Crackdown
- » Basis Of Price Fluctuations In The World Of Cryptocurrency
- » Bulgarians Welcome in Greece with Negative Rapid Antigen Covid Test