300 Bulgarian Miners to Lose Job as Mine Near Burgas Closes
Nearly 300 miners will lose their jobs as the "Cherno more" mine near the Bulgarian city of Burgas will close on Monday.
The closure of the mine comes as surprise for the miners, who are still waiting to receive their February salaries.
The executive director of the mine had a meeting with the owners of the mine in Sofia where he was informed of their decision to close the mine.
Trade unions are commenting that the sudden closure of the mine is impossible. According to them, there is risk of incidents occurring due to ongoing works in the mine.
People working at the mine have staged numerous protests due to their salaries being delayed for months.
The documents for the lay-off will be finalised at a meeting with the management on Monday.
Miners have been assured that they will receive the compensations due to them.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » NFSB: All Closed Businesses to Receive 80% of Last-Year Turnover
- » Bulgaria’s Government: Minimum Wage to Be Raised to BGN 650 As of January 2021
- » Bulgarian Development Bank Provides Easy Loans
- » COVID-19 Will Cost 132 Billion Euro to Airlines Worldwide
- » Musk Eclipses Bill Gates Becoming the Second Richest Man in the World
- » "Shocking" Clashes in Central Paris as Police Clears up Migrant Camp