Nearly 4,300 Foreigners Have Sought Protection in Bulgaria since Start of 2016
Foreign nationals have filed 4,267 applications for protection between January 1 and April 5, the head of Bulgaria’s State Agency for Refugees, Petya Parvanova, has said.
The government agency can offer accommodation to 5,130 foreign nationals at present but it is ready to increase the capacity to 6,000 beds, if needed, Parvanova said in an interview with local news agency Focus on Thursday.
Parvanova also said that currently there are no causes for serious concern about a potential increase in migration flow through Bulgaria following last month’s closure of the Western Balkans route leading from Greece via Macedonia and Serbia to Western Europe.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: MRF Will Not Support GERB for New Constitution and Grand National Assembly
- » Bulgaria: Chairman of Information Services - 4 Months is the Delivery of Voting Machines
- » Upholding the independence of the Bulgarian Prosecutor's Office: National Meeting on Monday
- » Emergency Epidemic Situation in Bulgaria Is Extended until August 31
- » Bulgaria: The Government Will Announce New Social Measures
- » Bulgaria: The National Assembly Accepted the Changes in the Cabinet