Bulgaria's Security Agency 'Looking into Offshore Dealings'
Domestic security and counter-intelligence agency DANS has said it is looking into suspicions of money laundering possibly done by Bulgarian businesses.
The State Agency for National Security (DANS) receives more than 2000 reports of "suspicious operations" every year, a vast part of them regarding entities set up in preferential tax regime juristictions, Dnevnik.bg quotes the agency as saying in reponse to an inquiry.
The investigations conducted by the Financial Intelligence Directorate at DANS comprise Panama as well, the reply from the agency reads, several days after the Panama Papers affair which is said to contain dozens of names of Bulgarian entrepreneurs and other nationals, but - so far - no politicians.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria is 43rd in the World in terms of Economic Freedom
- » Bulgaria expects Annual Inflation of around 8%
- » The EC representation in Bulgaria is launching an Information Campaign for the Adoption of the Euro
- » Visiting a Bank Office in Bulgaria is getting More and More Expensive
- » Bulgaria: "Standard & Poor's" confirmed the Credit Rating of Sofia
- » Bulgarian National Bank: Interest Rates on Housing Loans remain at around 2.5%